Monday, September 5, 2011

First Post

So..this is my first post and I have no idea how to start! But writing that sentence was a good beginning. Maybe this is a good time to talk about how I rarely finish anything I start. Because after this one, who knows when the next time will be! I've discovered that I'm generally a good starter, but not the best finisher, and I'm not sure why that is. I have many bags of craft items that I used a few times, got really excited about, then got bored with very quickly. My entire apartment is half clean because that's when I got bored. So I guess the theme is..boredom. I quit when I get bored. I even started reading a devotional book 'every night' (because I'm not committed enough to read the actual Bible) until I got bored with it. How sad is that? Thank God he doesn't get bored with us! No matter how lazy I get, no matter how little time I give to Him, He always takes me back when I'm ready to try again. I know it's cliche, but cliches are cliche for a reason..they're generally true. Anyway, like I said, I know it's cliche, but if I didn't talk to my boyfriend unless I started feeling guilty or wanted something, that relationship wouldn't be so great. And it's the same way with God. If I don't keep up my end of the relationship, it's not going to grow and change the way it needs to. But if I just get over myself and do what I know I need to do, I am guaranteed a lasting, loving relationship. "Come near to God and he will come near to you." James 4:8
God, I come asking you to draw near to me as I try to draw nearer to you. Please be patient with me, and please fill my heart with the desire to serve you and love you as you deserve. Thank you for knowing and answering my prayer before I even asked. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment