Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Settling In

I'm here! I moved in to my new home 11 days ago, started my new job 1 week ago, and have been settling in ever since. I still haven't unpacked most of my boxes, and I don't have much food in my kitchen to speak of, but I have spent quality time with friends and have been reacquainting myself with the area where I lived for a short time a few years ago. I love it here! There is so much to do and see..Sunday was Darin's birthday, so on Saturday, we went to the zoo, where I hadn't been in years! The weather was perfect. We had so much fun! A few weeks ago, before I moved here, we visited the Botanic Gardens..there are museums, shopping malls, restaurants, a giant library..and I just don't have enough free time to do it all! As for work..well, it'll take some time, but I'm getting there. Everyone's super nice and patient, which I appreciate a lot. We've found a church that seems to be a great fit (the one Darin's been going to), and Sunday, ran into the lady who hired me..apparently she's gone to that same church for 20 years! God's been moving, for sure. A few days ago I got my acceptance letter to U of M..I'll be a transient student for now, meaning taking online courses for no credit. They're not required, but I feel like they'll be helpful for my grad program, giving me more confidence, and also help me decide if I want to do professional writing or creative writing. So much going on..I'm exhausted, but blessed :) I'm missing those that I left, but feel certain that this is where I'm supposed to be, for now. 

3 comments:

  1. dear miss carrie. I am so very excited to read your post and am encouraged by your unwavering focus. i look forward to hearing more of your U of M & D.L. relationships. :) much love! Sudds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are where you are supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete